Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Qin ai wode jiating he pengyou!

Qin ai wode jiating he pengyou!
 
Women zhege libai you hen duo de gaibian.  This week, there were a lot of changes that took places.  Sister Jorgensen, my first companion, actually went home.  She was sick, and not getting better, and so she took a medical release.  I think it is for the best.  I know have a new companion.  Her name is Sister Camille Lee.  She is from AZ/UT.  I already know her, because we have been roommates this whole time.  I am really good friends with her, so I was super excited to hear that she was going to be my new companion.  Sister Reid is still my companion too.  I am in a trio now.  This happened on Saturday.  Also, the whole MTC changed their schedule.  I now have P-Day on Tuesday.  We went to the Temple this morning and it was great.  It set such a great mood for the rest of my day.  We also ate breakfast at the Temple cafeteria, because of our new temple time, we completely missed breakfast.  Yummy yum yum!  Hen hao chi!
 
I hope everyone had a great Easter.  Mine was really good.  My zone had an Easter egg hunt.  Everyone was so excited about it and that was fun to see.  We also took pictures all together at the Temple.  We had a great fireside too.  Stephen B. Allen came and showed us bunch of old LDS commericials, called Frontier Videos, and applied every tagline to missionary work.  Those commericials are so cheesy and fun!  We had a fabulous speical musical number too!  It made me really miss classical music.  I can't listen to my music here.  An elder from Hungary played "Vivaldi in A minor" by Bach.  It was fantastic!  I love it when I feel the Spirit through music!
 
Some funnies.  Chinese is hard!  Hehe! A couple weeks ago, I told our investigator that praying would bring darkness (hei'an) to her life.  I meant to say comfort (anxin).  Oops!  My companion corrected me really quickly.  And then a few days ago, I asked our investigator if he read his pamphlet (xiaocezi), except I really asked if he had his little bunny (xiaotuzi).  He started so hard!  It was so funny!  People are still teasing me about that one.  The next day, we had a no English day, and we decided that if you did speak English, you had to carry around a big rock.  The elders in my district drew a bunny on it and wrote xiaotuzi on the other side.  Hehe!  Don't worry, my Chinese is getting better, yi bu yi bu.  Step by step. 
 
Some spiritual thoughts:  No one, not even ourselves realize our potential.  Don't rob God of helping to you to become what he needs you to become.  The Lord can do more with your life than you can, so why not let him.  Here's a thought regarding the Tree of Life.  What if the great and spacious building doesn't exist and is a false image of reality, and if you try and go there, you will actually fall into the pit of despair.  Don't ever let go of the iron rod.  It is the only path, the straight and narrow path that leads to eternal life.
 
Our last Tuesday devotional was great too! We had Elder Richard G. Scott come.  That was the first time we have seen an apostle come since I have been here.  His talk was amazing.  The Spirit was really strong!  It felt especially strong when he gave us an apostalic blessing of the gift of tongues, extra help and support,  and when he bore witness that Jesus Christ lives.  A humble person, with weaknesses, who holds the keys of apostalship stood in my midst and declared that the Lord lives, and is a glorified resurrected being who has perfect love, and will help me in my mission and in my life.  Elder Scott declared, "Iknow  He lives."  It was so cool, and I could feel the Spirit bear witness to my heart that his words are true.  I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to hear him speak. 
 
I know that this is the true Church of God and that it was restored to the Earth through Joseph Smith, a prophet of God.  It is the same church that existed anciently containing Jesus Christ's authority.  I love the gospel!!!!!  I love my mission!!!!!  This is the greatest blessing in my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Thank you for everyone's letters and support.  I love you all!
 
Wo ai nimen!
 
Yan Jiemei
Sister Yancey


NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:

Post a Comment