Friday, May 6, 2011

Thank you so much for the letters.

Hey Family!
 
Thank you so much for the letters. 
 
This has been another interesting week, to say the least.  Last Wednesday, I got a new companionship assignment.  Yes, I know, again.  I stayed with Sister Lee, and then had Sister Danielle Smith (from Highland, UT) put in my trio.  It has kind of been a crazy week. 
 
Everyone in my district received a blessing this week.  It was so amazing to see how much the Elders in my district (Elder Thatcher and Elder Baker) have grown.  They were both scared to give blessings, but with their worthiness and willingness, they gave beautiful ones.  In my blessing I was told that the Lord called me on a mission because he knows that I can do it.  God is helping me to grow.  The things that I have been going through recently are hard, but with the Lord's help, I can overcome my anxieties and feel comfort.  The Lord loves me.  And the people in New York need me.  Some will accept my message.  The Lord will help me fulfill my purpose. 
 
The changes were short term, because all of my roommates left for the airport (to go to Taiwan) at 4:00am this morning.  I am really sad to see them go.  I am really going to miss my friends, but I am super excited for them to be in the field and to experience Taiwan.  I am kind of tired, because they were up preparing for departure until 1:00am last night, and we got up at 3:00am.  I saw them off and went back to sleep at around 5:00am till 6:00am.  Then we went to the Temple.  I am tired!  Hehe! 
 
Last week, with Sister Lee and Sister Smith, we had some great lessons.  Li, one of my investigators, I feel like we made a break through with. This companionship change is exactly what I think he needed.  He was really closed before, and it was really hard to determine his needs.  In our most recent lessons, he started to open up more, and yesterday, he accepted the invitation to be baptized!  Sister Lee and Sister Smith are both very bubbly people and I learned that sometimes investigators will mirror the energy in the room.  We had two lessons with him this week and they were both great!  We had another investigator commit to be baptized yesterday too!  This has been a great teaching week for us.
 
I have two new companions.  Sister McKelle Stirling from Pleasant Grove, UT and Sister Lindsey Johnson from Rexburg, ID.  They are both very cute girls in my zone, and seven weeks behind me in the MTC.  This is my last week at the MTC!!!!!!!!!!!!  I love it here, but I am so ready to go to New York.  It will have been 13 weeks here.  I leave Tuesday at 4:00am.  And I am so excited!  Elder Vatcher and I are the only ones left from our generation.  This week we are going to be apart of a new district, with my new companions and he has a new companion too, but we are going to be pulled out during class time for some private tutoring together.  I think it will be really great for my Chinese to have this extra week.  But, I am definitely counting down the days.  (I will send home my travel plans.  I won't be calling home on Mother's day, but I am allowed to call home from the airport.)
 
Here are some things I learned this week.  We were privileged to have Elder Dallin H. Oaks come for our devotional this week.  This is my favorite thing from his talk: "The fundamental principles of the gospel are embodied in our testimony of Jesus Christ; everything else is an appendage."  Other things I learned: The hardest trials precede the greatest blessings.  When we have trials, we mustn't get discouraged.  We should be grateful that we have been given the opportunity to learn.  You will see miracles as often as you ask for them.  Nothing is too hard, too big, too small, or too insignificant for the Lord to help you with.  It is never too late to come unto Christ and be perfected in Him. 
 
I love you all so much!  I encourage everyone to evaluate your lives, and find something that you can do to show the Lord that you are more converted to follow Him.
 
Love,
Yan Jiemei
 
(Sister Yancey)


NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:

Post a Comment