Monday, April 18, 2011

I can't believe it is Monday again!

Qin wode jiaren he pengyou!
 
Zhege libai hen hao.  Wo ganjue kuaile he productive.  This week flew by!  I can't believe it is Monday again!  Not much out of the ordinary happened this week.  Women jiaodao hen duo de mudaoyoumen.  The weather was beautiful.  I am learning a lot about developing healthy relationships with people.  The MTC is such a great place for learning! 
 
Sister Jorgensen and I sang for the senior couple orientation meeting and did well.  I auditioned again this week with a solo piece.  I sang "Savior, Redeemer of My Soul" from the "Joseph Smith" oratorio by Rob Gardner.  (It's the same piece I sang at the sacrament meeting before I left for my mission.)  Sister Sorensen (we call her Ms. Mozart) played for me.  I forgot the words twice in the audition.  I was frustrated and felt embarrassed.  They wanted to use me anyway, and that same day, I got a letter asking if I would sing in Relief Society.  I performed yesterday.  It was so much fun!  Relief Society at the MTC is with all the sisters in the gym.  We always have a guest speaker, and it feels more like a sisters-only devotional.  We had Sister Marsha Beck yesterday.  I realized later that that was the largest group of people I have ever sang for (there were at least 250 people), and I didn't mess up once, and my voice felt good.  All day, people were coming up to me and complimenting my performance.  It felt really good!
 
On Wednesday, when we got new missionaries, I got to host a new sister.  I showed her to her new room, took her to get her new tags, books, and showed her to her classroom.  It was fun.  I felt like she was my little child.  Hehe!
 
My teachers tell me that my Chinese is getting better and better.  I am developing a testimony of SYL-ing. 
 
Okay, now for some spiritual stuff.  My favorites from the week:
  • President Hinckley asked: "Does the testimony of Jesus Christ still burn in your bosom, as it did when you were a young missionary?"  That is a great thing to ponder, and strive for, to feel the Spirit as strongly now as you did when you felt the most power of the Spirit in your life.  :o)
  • In the Bible Dictionary under "Prayer", I liked this: "As soon as we learn the true relationship in which we stand toward God (namely, God is our Father, and we are his children), then at once prayer becomes natural and instinctive on our part. Many of the difficulties about prayer arise from forgetting this relationship."
  • I liked what President Uchtdorf said in the last April Conference.  He said that those who diligently seek will eventually come to know Christ.  Piece by piece, like a puzzle, the picture becomes clearer and clearer.
  • In Preach My Gospel, it says that all that is unfair in life can be made right through the Atonement.  Remember what the Lord has done for you, and use the Atonement because that is why it is there. 
  • Strive to establish a celestial culture in your home, with celestial thoughts, choices, and traditions.  President Boyd K. Packer said, "Ordinances and covenants become our credentials for admission into his presence.  To worthily receive them is the quest of a lifetime; to keep them thereafter is the challenge of mortality."
  • The scriptures are our handbook for every aspect of our lives. 
I hope that everyone is doing well.  Heaven Father loves you and wants the best for you, because you are his precious children.  I am constantly grateful for this opportunity to serve a mission.  Look for the blessings of the Lord in your life.  He has blessed me so much.  Don't forget that God gives us weaknesses so that we can come closer to him. 
 
I love you all!
 
Yan Jiemei


NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:

Post a Comment