Monday, March 28, 2011

Transfer!


Word to know:
Transfer:
 term used when missionaries are transferred from one area to another, or to home at the completion of their mission. Transfers are held within a Mission generally once a month when new missionaries enter the mission from the Missionary Training Center. Usually held on a Preparation Day, a select group of missionaries within a mission are moved at the discretion and inspiration of a mission president. Missionaries are generally notified a few days before in order to prepare for the move. For most missionaries, transfers take place every 3 to 4 months, but the time frame can vary widely. On rare occasions, a non-scheduled or special transfer can occur, due to situations of extreme illness, disobedience, or other significant event.(mormonwiki.com)

Ni Hao!
 
This has been my hardest week in the MTC so far.  A lot of things have happened.  I have learned a lot of lessons though.  There were some needs that needed to be taken care of in my zone, and on Thursday, all of the sisters got new companionships.  This was really hard for me because I really loved my companion Sister Jorgensen and I didn't want anyone else, but these changes were definitely inspired by the Lord and for everyone's good.  This week we also got moved to a different room in our resident hall (sushe).  I like our new room because it is bigger and the air conditioner works.  I am still with the same 6 girls.  My new companion's name is Sister Madison Reid.  She is from Omaha.  With the changes, I was also put into a new district, the pilot district.  The pilot district speaks more Chinese and has progressive investigators.  The changes were really hard at first, but I am getting used to them and like them.  I still really miss Sister Jorgensen however.  My Branch President told me that the reason he put me with Sister Reid is because she has the best Chinese in the Zone; she came to the MTC already knowing a lot of Chinese.  He thinks that I am congming (intelligent) and that I can learn a lot from her.  I think that my Chinese will improve a lot faster now.  My first day after what I call our "transfer", I helped teach my first lesson in Chinese.  I was intimidated and scared that I would say the wrong thing, but the Lord helped me.  We have now taught 3 lessons together, and they are getting less scary.  I meet one of our investigators this evening.  I like the transfer because in the pilot district, I actually feel like a missionary.  We teach progressive investigators, so our planning and studying has more purpose and focus.  I love it! 
 
The biggest thing I have learned this week is that I need to rely on Heavenly Father more.  I have been struggling with this thing and that since I got to the MTC, but trials are given to us so that we can learn and grow.  Joseph Smith-History 1:20 says, "...It seems as though the adversary  was aware, at a very early period of my life, that I was destined to prove a disturber and an annoyer of his kingdom; else why should the powers of darkness combine against me?  Why the opposition and persecution that arose against me, almost in my infancy?"  This is how I feel.  Whenever I am trying to do something really great, my life gets super hard.  It also reminds me of Lehi's visions of the Tree of Life.  In 1 Nephi 8:8-9 it says, 8And after I had traveled for the space of many hours in darkness, I began to pray unto the Lord that he would haveamercy on me, according to the multitude of his tender mercies.

9And it came to pass after I had prayed unto the Lord I beheld a large and spacious afield. 
I like how it says according to the multitude of his tender mercies.  The Lord has so many blessings for us, and he is just waiting for us to come unto Him so that they can be realized.  I do believe that the Lord is constantly blessing our lives, but when we come unto him in prayer and obedience to his commandments, we are better able to recognize and appreciate the blessings.  I also like 1 Nephi 8:24 which says, "And it came to pass that I beheld others pressing forward, and they came forth and caught hold of the end of the rod of iron; and they did press forward through the mist of darkness, aclinging to the rod of iron, even until they did come forth and partake of thebfruit of the tree."
 I love that it says clinging to the rod of iron.  It doesn't say touching or holding, but clinging to the rod of iron.  This is how we stay close to the Lord, by clinging to the word of God and the doctrines of Jesus Christ.  This is how we avoid and withstand the "powers of darkness".  The Book of Mormon is such a great gift that Heavenly Father has given to us so that we know how to return to live with him.  I love it, and I love it more and more each day!
 
When we had our transfer and even before that I recognized that I need to work on hope.  In Preach my Gospel, it says, "Hope is an abiding trust that the Lord will fulfill His promises to you...When you have hope, you work through trials and difficulties with the confidence and assurance that all things will work together for your good. 
 
I love you all, and I am so thankful for your dearelders (Dearelder.com) and letters!  Keep them coming!   This is the true Church of Jesus Christ that was restored from the Church that existed anciently when Jesus Christ was on the Earth.  I know that Joseph Smith is a true prophet of God and that he really did see God the Father and Jesus Christ.  I know that Thomas S. Monson is also a true prophet of God.  This (my mission) is the hardest and best thing I have ever done!  And so worth it!
 
I love you!
 
Yan Jiemei


NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:

Post a Comment