Monday, March 14, 2011

Ni Hao Wode Jiating!

Wo de qin jiating he pengyoumen!
Thank you so much for your letters and support.  It is so much fun to hear about everyone's lives, and Dearelder.com is pretty much the best thing ever.
This week has been up and down for me.  I am definitely learning a lot about myself.  I went to the counselor at the MTC for my anxiety, and I think he is going to be very helpful.  This week, he just got to know me, but I see him again tomorrow. 
I fell in gym.  I was playing 4-square, and I am not going to lie, I am getting pretty good at the game.  Hehe!  I dove for the ball and successfully got an elder out.  In the process, I skinned my knee. 
I went to the doctor this week for my foot.  It has been hurting a lot, and I figured it's better to be safe than sorry.  He got x-rays and my foot wasn't broken, but he says that I probably have plantar faciatus, but  there is definitely something more than that wrong with my foot.  It is not healing correctly, and he wants to send me to a physical therapist.  That should be fun.  Hehe!
Last week I when I went to the temple, I met a woman who told me her conversion story.  It was very powerful.  When she was young, some missionaries came over to her house and he dad basically yelled them and told them to leave, but before they did, one of them bore a pure and sincere testimony, and that was all it took for her to want to learn more about the Church.  The Spirit touch her so strongly in that moment.  It taught me the importance of bearing my testimony, and the thoughts of my heart. 
She also told me another story about a girl and her mission call.  She always felt that she was going to go Spanish speaking, so she learned spanish.  Her dad suggested that maybe she would get called to Brazil, so she learned Portugese.  When she got her call, it was to Japan.  She was confused and angry with God.  When she got to Japan and knocked on her first door, the person who opened the door greeted them in Portugese.  She taught them the gospel and helped to establish the first Portugese branch in Japan.  The Lord works in mysterious ways.
I got new scriptures this week, and they are beautiful!  Hehe!  The one's I brought were already starting to fall apart, and definitely would not make it through my mission.  I love my new one's!
TRC went great this week, better than any other week.  We had native Chinese speakers to teach this week, and that was really cool and exciting.  (Normally we have teachers pretending to be Chinese investigators.)  We taught one guy from China, and two girls from Hong Kong.  The Spirit was really strong, and Sister Jorgensen and I taught with the best unity yet.  This really is the true Church of Jesus Christ, and the Spirit testifies of that to the hearts of those we teach.  We talked for about 15 minutes in Chinese, and then taught the actual lesson in English.  This week it was about The Plan of Salvation.  It felt really good to talk to a real Chinese person, and them be able to understand my Chinese.
Recently, it occured to me that I am not thinking critically enough about the gospel in my study sessions.  I don't come up with many questions and I never know what to study.  I started to pray that I can use more critical thinkinig, and the Lord has blessed me.  I am getting more out of the scriptures and learning more about the gospel.  Don't forget that if you need something, ask the Lord.  In 2 Nephi 32: 4 it says, "...if ye cannot understand them, it will be because ye ask not, neither do ye knock; wherefore, ye are not brought into the light, but ye must perish in the dark."  So, I encourage you to counsel with the Lord, and then will you recieve answers. 
I was having a particularly bad day the other day, and I got a blessing.  I was blessed that I would serve my full mission and will overcome my trials.  I am thinking of the ED and anxiety.  It was a beautiful blessing, given by one of my favorite elders who has grown so much here.  He struggles with depression and it has been a wonderful experience to see him progress and become stronger and stronger in his testimony.  I was also told, that if I complete my mission, I will overcome my personal seven-headed dragon.  The Lord is mindful of each and every one of his children.  He loves us and wants to help us.  We must come unto Him and let Him help us.  That is what I am learning lately.  Faith leads to action.  Alma 36: 3 "...whosoever shall put their trust in God shall be supported in their trials, and their afflictions, and shall be lifted up at the last day."
I feel like the experiences I am gaining and the lessons I am learning on my mission, I cannot learn/gain any other way.  And I am so grateful to the Lord for allowing me this opportunity.  I love the gospel!  This really is the Lord's true Church.  Joseph Smith really did see Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, and the true was revealed to him.  And it can be revealed to all of us.  We can know of surety of the truth for ourselves.  All we need to do it sincerely ask in prayer. 
I love you all so much!
Wo ai nimen! 
Sister Yancey
Yan Jie Mei


NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:

Post a Comment